From: Charles <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Three 37/37 matches Hutchinson project
Date: Sat, 08 Jan 2005 23:27:46 -0500

Roy,

Congratulations. That is great news for you.

If they share the same or similar rooted or sounding surname and the
prior traditional evidence indicated they were brothers, i.e., such as
interacting in each others children's baptism events or land or estate
dealings, then the 37/37 match certainly confirms that surmise. Nothing
is 100% sure though. For example two could be brothers and one a first
cousin all coming from the same original male grandfather back in the
homeland for example, and the Y-DNA could still match exactly. But if
the traditional evidence suggested they were brothers, the DNA test does
not dispute that, and further confirms the surmise, imo.

Sincerely,

Charles Kerchner
http://www.kerchner.com/dna-info.htm

Roy Hutchinson wrote:
> In our project we just received the upgrade results indicating we have three
> 37/37 matches. These members are descendants of three separate individuals
> that were thought to be brothers back in the mid 1700's but there was no
> proof of their relationship.
>
> Is this 37/37 match evidence enough to say they were probably brothers?
>
> See the results and family tree at:
>
> http://home.comcast.net/~rhutchinson/page45.html
>
> All comments welcome.
>
> Thanks,