Subject: UofA increases infrastucture
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 16:12:21 EST

I'm happily retired from the computer biz, but periodically scan it's
landscape. Since I enjoy resarching DNA Genealogy & human history so much, I was
happy to see this bit. This article cites genomic sequencing & other biological
data to benefit from the new mass storage system. I hope Hammer's efforts will
benefit. (IBM will get some PR :-)

Mike ...

SC Online: University of Arizona Receives IBM Grant for Massive Virtual
Storage System
------------------------------

University of Arizona Receives IBM Grant for Massive Virtual Storage System
The Arizona Research Laboratories (ARL) at the University of Arizona
announced it was awarded a new IBM Shared University Research (SUR) grant of a storage
infrastructure that will give researchers efficient access and ability to
manage vast amounts of biological data. "It is a wonderful opportunity to team
with IBM in implementing leading-edge technology," said Michael Cusanovich,
director of ARL and professor of biochemistry and molecular biophysics.

Full text: www.supercomputingonline.com/nl.php?sid=7994

Admin: FTDNA Humphrey project
Co-Admin: FTDNA Liles project
http://humphreygenealogy.com
multi-family project:Humphrey, Liles, Morton

This thread: