Subject: Re: Re: [DNA] Halotype Analysis
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 07:26:39 +0000

Steve:

I should also note that the surname Pearson is found in both Shetland and Orkney - Q country. If you have already been tested for SNP markers such as M45, P36, M242 and M3 then since the latter was negative then it is problematic to differentiate between Central Asian, Native American, and European Q. The best quide is a haplotype analysis. As I mentioned before, if your matches are with Iceland, Shetland and Norway then almost certainly you are the descendant of a Norse Viking - if not, then .....................

David F.

This thread: