From: "ljcrain1" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] in light of Red Lake
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 10:58:08 -0600

Ann; Thank you for your comments with which I certainly agree. The Sizemore participants have been reassigned to Q, as one participant was SNP tested as this. We have no idea which tribe(s) the NA Sizemores descend from. There were probably Cherokee wives, which is one reason we are starting an mtDNA project to help determine if we can prove (or disprove) any of the old stories.

http://www.genpage.com/DNAindex.html

From the research I have done, I have found that almost always the progenitor of these mixed blood families was a white trader of European descent. So the Sizemores are very unique to be carrying the NA haplogroup.

Janet Crain

Co-administrators of the Sizemore Y Chromosome Project:

Joy King and Janet Crain

This thread: