From: "Ken Nordtvedt" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] SNP for I
Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2005 11:20:40 -0600

If your new guy is kit number 28378 then FTDNA or whichever lab did the P19
test should perhaps be ashamed of themselves for taking someone's money for
this test. With the 8,9,8 at DYS 459a,b; 455 and exact matches with three
who also have 19,21 at YCAIIa,b the STR evidence is virtually almost as
complete as any SNP test. And one would do the test or be advised to do the
test only in the extreme cases of wanting the last ounce of certainty.
These haplotypes are called I1a for very good reason.