From: "Glen Todd" <>
Subject: RE: [DNA] Jewish/non-Jewish surname and Y-DNA results
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 18:15:07 -0600

> What I find intriguing is that no one seems to get as worked
> up about debates over potential Scandinavian, English or
> Lithuania ancestry.
>

> Just a thought...perhaps it just isn't as interesting to
> discover you MIGHT have these ancestries as it is to discover
> you MIGHT have an ancestry in a group as interesting as the
> Jewish people. Also there is the surprise element, I

I just joined the list, but I have to jump in on this one because the line
of 'logic' is annoying and offensive. I am about as purely Northern
European ancestry as it is possible to find in the United States, short of a
recent immigrant from the Old Country, and I find that heritage JUST as
'interesting' as anybody's - because it is MY heritage. I have no need to
'discover' possible connections to 'interesting' Politically Correct
self-promoting groups, nor should anybody who is interested in fact rather
than fashion.

Glen

This thread: