From: Robert Stafford <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Non-paternity
Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 12:40:39 -0700 (PDT)

I see no need to enter everyone's haplotype in the databases. Using modern haplotypes only confuses the search for a matching family. The ones needed are ancestral haplotypes. I would only enter those that have been verified as occurring before 1850 or some other earlier date. They should be listed under the name of that ancestor. They should be noted as ancestral in the comments section. This way you don't have to get people's permission to do it. The contact should be the project manager or someone else who knows the family genealogy.

Bob Stafford

Earl Beaty <> wrote:

I believe that data came from YSEARCH some time ago. The YSEARCH data is
still not even close to being complete because I haven't be able in interest
many in putting there data in.

This thread: