From: <>
Subject: RE: [DNA] Non-paternity - posting Lineages instead of individuals
Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 17:42:36 -0400

Jim, my logic started from the fact that we have 66 men in one Lineage and
half of them had no mutations at RG26. (the average markers tested is now
33.6 for those 66) If you match us pretty close, we're glad to look at the
details and see if you have any really close matches. Or - all of our
results are posted at our website, so anyone can check for themself.

I don't even compare my own men within a major haplogroup to each other, but
always compare them to the Lineage haplotype - and then see if they have
matching mutations. I guess it came with our heritage of starting with
batches, back when BYU did our first batch of 52 men and then RG did our
second batch with 42 men - which meant that we always had Lineages. Our
Lineages:

Lineage I - 66 men, 28 mutations (a number of these are shared)
Lineage II - 12 men, 5 mutations
Lineage III - 8 men, 3 mutations
Lineage IV - 2 men, 0 mutations
Lineage V - 4 men, 3 mutations
Lineage VI - 2 men, 0 mutations
Lineage VII - 3 men, 0 mutations
Lineage VIII - 4 men, 0 mutations
Lineage IX - 3 men, 1 mutation
Lineage X - 2 men, 0 mutations
Lineage XI - 4 men, 0 mutations
Lineage XII - 4 men, 3 mutations
Lineage XIII - 2 men, 2 mutations

I don't stop the others from posting their results - I just don't do them as
a part of the project.

Terry
http://bartonsite.org/Modals/Modals.htm