From: "Glen Todd" <>
Subject: Speaking of Uncle Abe ...
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 20:21:16 -0600

Does anybody know what his Y-DNA looks like? (I remember another
president, Thomas Jefferson, being discussed recently.) I pulled up his
tree, and while it appears to be fairly standard English (from Hingam),
there's a rather odd given name that shows up twice in a row in the mid
1600s. Makes me wonder where it came from. (I keep copies of his tree
and his wife's around, because people are forever asking me if Mary Todd
Lincoln is a relative. She isn't. She's from a Scottish line, the
Y-DNA signature of which is known to the Todd Families Project, and it isn't
even close.)

Anyway, the mention of Uncle Abe, together with the recent Thomas Jefferson
discussion, made me wonder.

Glen

This thread: