From: "Dennis West" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Newbie's question re a 36/37 match
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 07:27:19 -0400

Melissa,

With a 36/37 match and the same surname, it is very
likely that you share a common ancestor. I would begin
searching for the records to determine the relationship.
I would place no special significance on the the single
marker where you differ.

Dennis West
WEST, PARKER, GIBBONS, GLASS DNA projects

> I have a match with someone, 36 out of 37 using FTDNA. Does it make
> a difference which marker we differ on? FYI, it's YCA II a. My dad
> is an 18 and the other person is a 19.
/snip/
> The four of us all have the same surname (the testers) and no
> connections can be found.

This thread: