From: "Ken Nordtvedt" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Secrets of the Dead - 2500 year old Sarmatian mtDNA match with living nine year old Kazakh girl.
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 13:23:07 -0600

Actually, the Kazaks with the blondish girl were found in the western most
Mongolia near the Chinese border according to the show's narrative.
Somewhere south of Olgiy which I can see in my National Geographic Atlas.
Even in the hay day of Soviet power they did not incorporate Mongolia
officially into their Union. It remained a nominally "sovereign" nation
ruled by a puppet government of the Soviets and is now of course a
completely sovereign state. Hope to get there someday.

The Amazon warrior mummies on the other hand were found in the heart of the
southern Russian steppes much further to the southwest. If you go south
from Olgiy into China's Sinkiang Province, a good number of Caucasian bodies
have been dug up with ages in excess of 2000 years. And Tokharian
Indo-European language branch was spoken there long ago before Turkic tribes
later took over.