From: "David Wilson" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] R1b Among Native American Men
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 21:10:02 -0700

Using the "search inside the book" feature, I can't find any place where R1b
is mentioned. Nor is there a place where the phrase "12 percent" is used.
Searching on "Native American" and "haplogroup," there are lots of places
where the assertion might have been made, but wasn't.

I really don't understand the rationale for the statement that 12 percent of
NA men are R1b. I have never seen any such finding in academic genotyping
studies that focus on the Americas. I think the "12 percent R1b" figure must
be a misunderstanding of something else entirely. Please correct me if I am

David Wilson