From: "Nelda Percival" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] R1b with DYS393 = 12
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 22:29:33 -0700

HI,
I know its late and this will probably not be answered till morning but..
while its on my mind..
THe Gilpin's are supposed to be Normands who went to England in 1066, yea
right with William I, but no genealogical record can be found before 1276..
Now Two sources say its Scottish, Is there a way to tell it from Normans or
Scotts or are they mostly R1b too? The Clan McAlpine say the surname is a
sept of them... But every genealogical record some back to the 1400's (with
out documentation, and I've looked for it) say we are Norman..

THanks Nelda by the way this is my male line...not me I'm a female..

>>DYS19 = 14
>>
>>DYS388 = 12
>>
>>DYS390 = 24
>>
>>DYS391 = 11