From: "Ken Nordtvedt" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] R1b Denmark
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 14:46:11 -0700

There were many more Danish R1b haplotypes brought to England by the Danish
immigrants who settled in the "Danelaw", a large region of Eastern England
settled and ruled by Danes in the 9th and 10th century A.D.

And the Angles and Saxons and Jutes, independent of exactly where they
originated, brought a bunch of R1b with them along with their I1a, I1c, even
some R1a, etc.

Demographically, I would not put the Norman contribution to the English dna
pool near the top.

Even some of the R1b of British Isles came with the Norwegian Vikings,
although this stream was probably somewhat less averaged out over all
British Isles.

So as David F often says; we're trying to separate the "indigenous" R1b from
the (post-Roman era) imported R1b.

Ken