From: Doug McDonald <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] R1b Denmark
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 16:22:16 -0600

Nelda Percival wrote:

> Now I want to ask questions.. but first must input..
>
> William I, King of England 1066, was from Normandy, His heritage is
> vikings out of Denmark, (There is a proven paper trail lineage).

No there is NOT ( a proven paper trail). He goes back to a person
known as "Rollo", a Norman. Now Rollo was almost certain a
Viking of some sort ... be we don't know for sure where he was from.
The identification of Rollo with a certain "Hrolfr" is very
problematic indeed, based on paper.

> Could this mean some R1b's in England could be of the R1b group in/from
> Denmark/Normandy? (not saying related to William, but from the group he
> brought with him?)

"This could mean" of course has not much to do with it. OF COURSE
some of the R1b in England came from Denmark and Normandy. It simply had
to.

Doug McDonald

This thread: