From: "Ken Nordtvedt" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Haplotype Q
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 22:07:46 -0700

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Faux" <>
To: <>
Sent: Friday, November 11, 2005 8:56 PM

We have already proved that this is a serious problem with someone they said
was M170 based on a P19+ test and when actually tested for M170 their
participant was negative on this marker.

David, Yes, it is a serious problem if someone is called M170+ based on an
actual P19+ test . But what caught my eye was that you then found them
negative for M170. So did you go back and check the claimed P19+ result of
another lab? Some of us in haplogroup I have been looking for just such a
haplotype which can very well exist --- negative for one and positive for
another of what some segment of the community called redundant or equivalent
SNPs. Such a haplotype would of course be very interesting, as it could
give a glimpse of a an I haplotype motif from early in that haplogroup's
existence.

Ken

This thread: