From: Doug McDonald <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] R1b SNP page updated
Date: Sat, 20 May 2006 09:46:16 -0500

John McEwan wrote:
> Dear Doug
>
> I checked my screen resolution is 1280 x 1024 (so no need for the
> horizontal scroll) and about 60% of my vistors are at a screen
> resolution which will have some need to scroll. Sigh, I don't know how I
> can link the two horizontal scrolls together. I will leave the page as
> is at present but am not happy.

Two solutions: mine, with repeated headers, which is easy, or

http://www.webreference.com/programming/javascript/jf/column3/

which requires work. Apparently this can be done with <div>s
too.

There is a third solution too: Put the header at the top of
a page that is small enough vertically that it won't scroll
even at 600 pixels high, and put the data in a frame that
scrolls vertically, under it. The browser would scroll them
together horizontally.

Numerous solutions are possible.

Doug McDonald

This thread: