From: "Glen Todd" <>
Subject: RE: [DNA] Re:
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2006 20:21:52 -0600

> Neither Jewish nor Hebrew are a race. Jewish is a religion, and a
> religion only. Leslie

You wouldn't know it to listen to some of the people here. {wry grimace}

In most pure form I would describe it as a folkway rather than a religion
(as it has a definite tribal character to it - which unfortunately cannot be
said of its offspring) and I generally try to be charitable and assume that
it's the folkway - and thus the folk - that are being discussed, since we've
been informed that religion is off topic here. (Although I find it mildly
ironic that discussion of the possible genetic identification of other
folkways is not given the same latitude.)

Glen

This thread: