From: Margaret Saunders <>
Subject: Re: Re: [DNA] Thomas Jefferson DNA
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2006 15:00:08 -0700 (PDT)

please remove me from your e-mail list.

Dennis Cunniff <> wrote: > writes:

> part of the DNA testing in the Jefferson/Hemmings matter was also
> to include
> descendants of one of either Madison Hemmings (or another brother
> -- I can't
> quite remember).
>
> And responds:
> Right you are. And it turned out the brother they thought was
> Jeffersons
> wasn't but another had the right DNA. Last I heard, the "suspect"
> father is
> Jefferson's nephew, I believe.

Yes, but, he's only "suspect" *because* he has the right DNA. Rather
than admit that the result supports the pre-test hypothesis it was
designed to test (the paternity of Thomas Jefferson), the "Official"
Jeffersons have developed a new theory, based on their unwillingness
to accept that Jefferson fathered children upon one of his slaves,
and their unwillingness to let black folk be buried in the family
plot.

Dennis J. Cunniff

Sláinte
Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."