From: "Glen Todd" <>
Subject: RE: [DNA] Everyone likely is descendent of a monarch
Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2006 08:02:26 -0600

> Glen Todd wrote:
> > Odhinn (the spelling that I prefer) / Odin / Woden is a
> > God, and not a mortal human at all, so the question is
> meaningless on its
> > face.
>

> No it is NOT meaningless on its face. Remember that Romans
> could become Gods at the word of the Emperor.

We're not Romans. I'm talking about the real thing, not political
quasi-sanctification.

> Odin very well
> could have been a real man "who became a God" in legend.
> This has happened often, and not just in Rome or Egypt.

Frankly, this is getting a little bit offensive. If I were to start going
on about how Jehovah/Allah/Yahweh was a real man, a middle eastern warchief
of some sort, who 'became a god' in the legends of his followers I'd get all
sorts of screams and calls for censorship from other people on this board
who don't agree with that point of view, and I'm sure that you'd maintain
that their actions were justified. Well, why do you find it different in
this case? Personally, I don't care for double standards.

Glen

This thread: