From: "Dale E. Reddick" <>
Subject: Re: [GENEALOGY-DNA] [DNA] The Mystery of China's Celtic Mummies
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 16:45:50 -0400

Hi Alan,

Yeah, I do tend to follow Mallory's writings rather closely. As I've
related to the list on several occasions, I consider his book "In Search
of the Indo-Europeans: Language, Archaeology and Myth" to still be the
de-facto text relating to this topic of the Tocharians and how they
-relate- to the rest of the I-E folks. If anyone knows how to explain
the Tocharians, then I think it has to be Mallory.

Here's a Wikipedia entry for J.P. Mallory:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J._P._Mallory

* Books
o /In Search of the Indo-Europeans: Language, Archaeology and
Myth./ London: Thames & Hudson, 1989.
o /The Archaeology of Ulster/ (with T.E. McNeill). Belfast, 1991.
o /Encyclopedia of Indo-European Culture
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Encyclopedia_of_Indo-European_Culture>/
(with D. Q. Adams). Fitzroy-Dearborn, London and Chicago. 1997.
o /The Tarim Mummies: Ancient China and the Mystery of the
Earliest Peoples from the West/ (with V.H. Mair
<http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=V.H._Mair&action=edit>;).
London: Thames and Hudson. 2000.
* Articles
o "The Homelands of the Indo-Europeans." /Archaeology and
Language/. eds. R. Blench and M. Spriggs. Vol I. London and
New York, Routledge, 93-121. 1997.
o "The Indo-European homeland problem: A matter of time," part
of "The Indo-Europeanization of Northern Europe". eds. K.
Jones-Bley and M. E. Huld. /Journal of Indo-European Studies
Monography/ No. 17, Washington, D.C., 1-22. 1993.
o "The Old Irish Chariot: and "Mír Curad". /Studies in Honor
of Calvert Watkins/, eds. J. Jasanoff, H. Melchert, L.
Oliver, Innsbruck. Innsbrucker Beitrage zur
Sprachwissenschaft. 451-464. 1998.

Dale

This thread: