Subject: Re: [GENEALOGY-DNA] [DNA] The Mystery of China's Celtic Mummies
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 09:55:02 EDT

I can understand how the height and hair was determined but I'm curious how
it was determined the mummies had blue eyes? Wouldn't the eyes be destroyed
by now?

Nora FitzGerald

In a message dated 8/30/2006 6:35:00 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,

I was trying to be brief, which made my message more confusing.

Several years ago I attended a lecture at the Smithsonian about these
mummies. The woman fabric expert and other scientists were speaking. The
was definitely on these mummies being very tall, very light haired, with
eyes. At the time the DNA tests had revealed that they had "Iranian" type
I bought the book they had at the time, though I must confess I never read
it. (I also learned that these people's sheep were not yet bred to be
so that making the tartan-type clothing from the hair was a challenge.)

Mary Mallett

This thread: