From: "Lawrence Mayka" <>
Subject: Re: [GENEALOGY-DNA] [DNA] I projects
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 23:45:50 -0500

> [mailto:] On Behalf Of Ken Nordtvedt
> How are all those people going to learn they have to do
> something to recover a name other than kit number?

When a new member joins my project, I immediately see if he has a Ysearch
entry. If so, and if that entry has additional ancestral information, I
feel justified in copying it over into the member's Most Distant Ancestor,
so that it shows up on our web site. I feel that by creating the Ysearch
entry, the member has thereby given permission for its dissemination and
association with his haplotype.

Of course, my introductory email also invites the new member to update the
information as appropriate.

This thread: