From: John Cartmell <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Celts descended from Spanish fishermen, study finds
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 17:49:40 +0100

On 21 Sep, Lawrence Mayka <> wrote:
> > Roman
> >
> > Although the Romans ruled from AD 43 until 410, they left a
> > tiny genetic footprint. For the first 200 years occupying
> > forces were forbidden from marrying locally.

> Uh, is this G? Professor Sykes is awarding haplogroup G to the Romans?

Excuse me Mr Sykes but I'd like to be stroppy here. ISTR that the 'Romans'
were taken from every part of the Roman Empire (and beyond) and for example
I'd like to see your evidence that those 5,500 Sarmatians only left a little
footprint ...

.. not to mention the other troops, cavalry, and tradespeople from Spain,
Africa, Greece, Gaul, Syria, &c!!

--
John Cartmelljohn@ followed by finnybank.com 0845 006 8822
Qercus magazineFAX +44 (0)8700-519-527www.finnybank.com