From: "Steven Bird" <>
Subject: [DNA] Red-headed Brits
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 03:12:07 -0400

In his book, "The Thracians," Christopher Webber (quoting Herodotus, I
think) describes the Thracians as "very large and powerfully built men with
red or blonde hair, blue or grey eyes, delicate white skin and a tendency to
put on flesh." (Ouch! Steve says as he notices his own middle-aged bread
basket.) This description would seem to fit many people from the Isles, not
only Vikings.

Steve