From: "Ken Nordtvedt" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Oppenheimer article on Celtic prehistory - onpreRomanScandivians to England
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2006 12:26:07 -0600

I think the key thing to look for is whether Oppenheimer SHOWS us the
genetic evidence he cites for concluding that major incursions of
Scandinavian genes entered the British Isles in pre-Roman periods rather
than during the historical post-Roman periods we are familar with --- or
just asserts this. He could do this either in his book or in a separate
journal paper. But my guess is that he has no data which can back up the
pre-Roman scenario and shows an incompatability with the standard post-Roman
scenario. But it would be exciting if he proves me wrong.

Ken