From: "Michael L. Hébert" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Questions on Paternity tests
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 01:00:51 -0500

Recently, I helped a relative of mine arrange for a father-daughter
paternity test. We went through PaternityExperts.com for a very reasonable
price. The test results came back in a nice pdf document about a week after
the samples were mailed back to the company (from separate locations even).
Anyway, they also offer sibling and half-sibling testing and explain quite
well how it works on their web site
http://www.paternityexperts.com/siblings.html.

I wonder why the paternity testing is so much quicker than our genealogy
testing. I guess the processes are more complicated or less automated for
the Y-DNA and mtDNA genealogy testing.

Mike