From: "Michael L. Hébert" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Questions on Paternity tests
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 10:07:37 -0500

The higher cost paternity tests seem to be the ones that are used for legal
purposes with chain of custody control for the samples and such. The test
that I arranged was not for legal purposes and the total cost was $99 + $10
to have a second kit mailed to a separate address. A legal test would have
been about 3 times as much. The test included 16 markers (2 allele values
for each marker) for each person. Using Google, I found many companies that
offered non-legal paternity tests in the range of $100-$200.

Mike