From: "Lawrence Mayka" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Neolithic J2 and E3b in Britain? Maybe not.
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 17:50:38 -0600

> [mailto:] On Behalf Of
> Sasson Margaliot
> All of J1 seems to expand from the area that includes
> Southern Iraq and Arabia.

Yes, but J1 came into existence roughly 20,000 years ago, and may have
migrated at any time since then. I see no evidence to attribute northern
European Gentile J1 to Arab caliphates.

> E2b [E3b] being of Egyptian origin, became a part of Greek World.
> It is through Greece that they got introduced to Europe.
> The Haplogroup K2 is an Ancient Greek lineage. It is found in
> countries
> which had stong connections with Greece, including Ethiopia and Iran.

Repetition of assertions does not constitute evidence. K2, like the other
haplogroups I mentioned, is roughly 20,000 years old, and could have
migrated at any time during that period. Attributing its presence in
northern Europe to globetrotting Greeks is a rather fanciful hypothesis,
unless accompanied by evidence.

This thread: