From: "Steven Bird" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Neolithic J2 and E3b in Britain? Maybe not.
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 22:31:21 -0500

Both E3b (M35) and J2 (M172) are ENTIRELY absent from Ireland, according to
Capelli's 2003 Y census of the British Isles. Of course, he only examined
Dublin and Castlerea. Also, there was not a strict correlation between the
appearance of J2 and E3b. Morpeth, for example, has 3% J2 but 0% E3b.
Since J2 and E3b are known to "travel together" in the Neolithic, shouldn't
they always be found together in a Neolithic population's descendants?

This entire Neolithic theory is making less sense to me all the time.

Steve

>>There is some E3b and J2 in Ireland, isn't there? I mean, "largely absent"
>is a relative term. E3b and J2 could be said to be "largely absent" from
>Northwestern Europe as a whole, depending on what means by that.
>
>Rich

Find a local pizza place, music store, museum and morethen map the best
route! http://local.live.com?FORM=MGA001

This thread: