From: "Ken Nordtvedt" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] age estimations based upon average squareddifferencecalculations
Date: Sat, 9 Dec 2006 07:43:02 -0700

The average mutation rate seems kind of low

Can you remind us of the formula you used for ASD and then how you related
it to age in generations. There are several out there, even in the
published literature, and they are all not correct, particularly the one
that guesses a founder's haplotype as part of the process.

Ken