From: "Aaron Hill" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Ellen's paper
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 05:03:40 +0000

Not in this case, it means 'ancient DNA'. Autosomal DNA is still not really
used in genealogy although the Sorenson folks (and I am sure others) are
working on it.

Aaron

From: "Roberta J. Estes" <>
To: <>
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2006 20:19:57 -0500

aDNA is short for autosomal DNA. Autosomal DNA is the rest of the DNA,
meaning not mtdna and not yline dna, and both parents contribute the to the
aDNA of an individual, therefore it is much less useful for genealogy,
although it is used extensively for paternity and siblingship testing.

Roberta Estes