From: "Aaron Hill" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Ellen's Paper
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 18:42:27 +0000

Rich,

I am not arguing either side of this thing because I really don't know.
However, Ellen uses the same DNA evidence the other researchers use. DNA
samples that she argues are too small to be representative. Then, she
proceeds to create a new hypothesis based on this.

My major argument is that creating such a theory on such limited samples is
a bad idea, whether you support continuity or discontinuity. In my opinion,
it is much more likely to have a mixture for evidence of both. Some
communities (or tribes or whatever) were sometimes replaced while others
were not. Parts of Ellen's paper support this conclusion.

Aaron