From: "Lawrence Mayka" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Ellen's Paper
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 18:44:44 -0600

> [mailto:] On Behalf Of ellen Levy
> Frankly, I don't think I present any of the studies as
> a "pillar" to my argument, though I confess I rely
> heavily on Alzualde's work.

Alzualde successfully performed some amount of investigation on Y
chromosomes too, but I can find only one sentence on his results:

http://www.ehu.es/arqueologiadelaarquitectura/documentos/1138792155AJPA06.pd
---
Furthermore, two individuals in a group burial in the SE revealed the
existence of a mutation in the Y chromosome (haplogroup R1b3b; unpublished
data), considered to originate in the Basque Country, where it now presents
the highest frequency in Europe (7.1%, as opposed to 0.9% in the Iberian
Peninsula; Alonso et al., 2005).
---

In other words, he found M65, the SNP for what we now call R1b1c2.

This thread: