From: "John McEwan" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Ellen's Paper
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2006 19:27:57 +1300

Bonnie provided an illuminating e-mail and said
"
I don't know about its behavior after
centuries of decay, but why would its relative frequency of mutation
change, in comparison to other mutation sites?
"

I probably missed the point, but the chemical processes of ancient DNA
degradation on each base (and subsequent misreading by the sequencing
technology used) may well have little or no relationship to the "in
vivo" mutation rate which I think is what is being asserted in this
post.

I have not done the full lit review on this, more a query.

Cheers

John McEwan

This thread: