From: "Alister John Marsh" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Ellen's Paper
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2006 21:40:00 +1300

Question- would STRs in ancient DNA be less prone to being distorted by
degradation, than single bases/ SNPs? If a STR is a sequence of 5 base
repeats, even if several bases within the sequence were changed by
degradation, it might still be possible to infer the number of repeat
sequences in the STR?

John.