Archiver > GENEALOGY-DNA > 2006-12 > 1166123982

From: David Faux <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] SNP Results waiting period
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2006 11:19:42 -0800 (PST)
In-Reply-To: <000a01c71fb0$2d0620f0$6501a8c0@dell>

I know nothing about the matter and won't until it is resolved. Embarassing a fellow List member in public is surely not the way to proceed. I will forward your e-mail to the geneticists who are the only ones who have answers to technical or specific questions as I have noted before.


John Megonnigil <> wrote:
Maybe so David but I'm still waiting for a response from EA on the
conversion issue and it has been Months with no results or response
to the Calibration issue on 2 markers. Within 1 day I received this
response from FTDNA. Not exactly what I was hoping for but a
response none the less. Commenting privately gets you nowhere it seems.

Thanks for your email. Yes, we're waiting on the The National Institute of
Science and Technology (NIST) to make a decision regarding the nomenclature
of these markers. Ethnoancestry is also aware of this.

This is the second time you have publically commented about some sort of
long wait. OK, lets explore the meaning of "long awaited". Does "less than
one month" constitute some sort of excessive wait period? Perhaps a survey
could be taken as to the average wait time for SNP results for company X and
company Y. I think by comparison EA will look pretty good. Actually our
goal is two weeks, not that this is attainable but it is good to strive for
something concrete.
BTW, you can expect to see results come diectly to you via an e-mail from
Drs. Cavalerri or Wilson not via a posting on the Rootsweb List, so no need
to feel disappointment in viewing my e-mail addy.

This thread: