From: Alan R <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Aryan, Arian, Arianism....
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2006 17:35:30 +0000 (GMT)

To be honest, as far as I am aware, the term
Indo-Aryan is a bit 'antiquarian' and very rarely used
today, much like the term 'Indo-Germanic'. The latter
places Germanic centre stage with absolutely no reason
for doing so and so has passed into antiquarian
history. I though Indo-European (a linguistic and
cultural term) had totally replaced these other terms
many decades ago (since WWII?). For Indo-Europeans,
read J.P. Mallory 'In search of the Indo-Europeans'.
One of the best books I ever read.

Alan

This thread: