From: "Lawrence Mayka" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Any study on MexicoY-dna? arethey mostlyEuropean orIndian?
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2006 19:28:55 -0600

> [mailto:] On Behalf Of Dora Smith
> Numbers didn't cost them the war. Roman Catholic
> traditionalism did.
> "An example of the (French Canadian) educated elite's preference for
> doctrine over experience in eighteenth century New France was
> teh enthusiasm
> of military engineers and army officers for the theories of
> Sebastien Le
> Prestre de Vauban (1633-1707), who wrote treatises on methods
> for attacking adn defending towns.

This is the first time I've seen a writer blame the Catholic Church for not
providing a better military strategy for defending a town from artillery
attack. This may net the author a Pulitzer prize for Creative Fiction.

Just how do bizarre anti-Catholic rants relate to the topics of this mailing
list?

This thread: