From: "robert mclaren" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] UEP Mutation
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2006 22:24:31 -0500

John,

If this is the only difference between the two, I would not suspect that
this is associated with any name change or family event. I take it by
family event, you mean non-paterneity event.

What we have here is a single mutation. Either the 16g mutated to 15g or
the 15g mutated to 16g.

Yours aye,

Bob McLaren
Chairman, Genealogy Committee, Clan MacLaren Society of North America
Administrator, Clan MacLaren Surname DNA Project
Member, Association of Professional Genealogists