From: "Ken Nordtvedt" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] EA Oppenheimer results
Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2006 17:28:32 -0700

From: "John McEwan" <>

> Anyway following the process as for Lloyd your bikini 9 marker Yhrd
> haplotype is vanilla R1b except for DYS391=10 rather than 11.

This haplotype crowned "Rox" by certificate is hardly vanilla. The
haplotype has almost all the unique modalities of Scot
R1b, including the very significant 12 at DYS531, but not the 13-30 at 389
and 19-24 at YCA

I suspect it is a close cousin of previously identified Scot R1b. The
DYs531 = 12 has absolutely no hits from Iberia in Ysearch, and from previous
variance measurements I suspect most of this stuff derives from a founder
who had already got to northern British Isles.

As more 67 marker haplotypes come in from Iberia it will be interesting to
see if the shut out for these DYS531 = 12 persists.

How did their predecessor get to northern Isles? Most likely points south;
there is no sign of any continentals except one Norwegian with name Ausland.
Does that not mean "outlander" in Germanic?

Ken

This thread: