From: "Dale E. Reddick" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Ancient Portuguese/Oestrimnios Y-DNA - & snakes.
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 15:04:04 -0500

Hi Peter,

Interestingly, the historical records in which the cultural practices of
the Balts (old Prussians, Latvians, Lithuanians) were discussed
described them as being snake worshipers.

Now, Celts were not Balts and Balts were not Celts. But, some of the
Celtic folks appear to have been living along the Baltic coast of what
is now Denmark and / or Germany. And the Baltic speakers were just a
bit eastwards (portions of historical Germany and Poland) from where we
know those Celts existed.

So, just consider the possibilities of trade and cultural exchange
between such people living along the Baltic coast. Perhaps some ancient
Baltic practices of snake worship got transferred down along the
Atlantic coast to Iberia via trade and contact between different
Indo-European peoples of western Europe.

Just a suggestion.

Dale E. Reddick

Peter A. Kincaid wrote:
> Cultural references aside I don't believe snake or serpent
> people is synonymous with Celts. As I noted before it is
> a long hill to climb to prove that R1b was not dominant in
> Iberia post LGM.
>
> Peter

This thread: