From: (John Chandler)
Subject: Re: [DNA] Autosomal Markers Panel 1
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 16:51:39 -0400 (EDT)

Al wrote:
> I wrote a program to calculate the number of alleles I matched ...

> The histogram is indicating a developing pattern.

Yes. It comes close to the calculation I posted a few days ago of the
expected number of matches in a population with an even frequency
distribution among N alleles for each marker, where I picked N=5 as
probably the best approximation. That calculation gave 0.328 as the
ratio of expected matches to twice the number of markers.

I don't think your histogram is out of the ordinary.

John Chandler

This thread: