From: Jim T <>
Subject: [DNA] SNP updates on Iberian S21 and M284
Date: Fri, 4 May 2007 16:18:22 -0700 (PDT)

Gary Felix wrote:
> Ysearch id XYESD is S21+
> This result would help support an older origin for S21
> of R1b) if it is found with more prevalence in Iberia.

That's very interesting. There is a Ruiz from Mexico (Ysearch
id AEDQT) whose closest 67 marker matches appear to be S21+. He
has a GD of 30 on 67 markers from Puentes, so their MRCA was a
very long time ago. I suggested to Ruiz a few months ago that
he test S21, but he wasn't interested at that time. Perhaps you
could persuade him.

Jim Turner

Do You Yahoo!?