From: Vincent Vizachero <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Allele length was Different Subject (correction)
Date: Tue, 15 May 2007 07:22:34 -0500

On May 15, 2007, at 5:34 AM, Gary Felix wrote:

> Correction:
> "A high G+C content in the repeat motif decreases the mutation
> frequency" this should correlate to high stability (ie low mutation
> rate).

Right, which is why deletions at DYS390m and DYS390p are rare enough
to be considered UEPs which can reliably define subclades.

Finding DYS390<21 is a good indicator that something funky is going
on, but confirmation requires sequencing DYS390 which is why I am
encouraging FTDNA to add this to their advanced test offerings.

Vince

This thread: