From: ellen Levy <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] The Basques and Scholarship
Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 19:47:51 -0700 (PDT)

I haven't been following this part of the thread all
that closely, but did want to point out that the
recent aDNA studies on Etruscan mtDNA remains
indicates a limited to non-existent genetic
contribution of this ancient mtDNA deme to modern-day
European groups, particularly Tuscans. Equally
problematic are ancient Basque lineages of Neolithic
origin that have all but disappeared in contemporary
Basque populations.

Ellen Coffman