From: Cheryl Simani <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Queen of Egypt Mummy...
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2007 13:19:57 -0700 (PDT)

It seems that the Egyptian authorities are tightly controlling all DNA testing on the royal mummies. A few years back they make the assertion that (their) DNA tests proved modern Egyptians are the direct descendants of the ancient Egyptians. This statement smacks of a political agenda.

"Peter J. Roberts" <> wrote:
This is one of several news reports noting that Douglas Wallace would DNA test a mummy believed to be Ramesses I.

Dr. Wallace told me he has no DNA results because the mummy was returned to Eqypt and he was not permitted to complete the project.

I find it remarkable that there are no published DNA results from Eqyptian royal mummies.

Sincerely, Peter