From: Cheryl Simani <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Queen of Egypt Mummy...
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2007 13:19:57 -0700 (PDT)

It seems that the Egyptian authorities are tightly controlling all DNA testing on the royal mummies. A few years back they make the assertion that (their) DNA tests proved modern Egyptians are the direct descendants of the ancient Egyptians. This statement smacks of a political agenda.

"Peter J. Roberts" <> wrote:
This is one of several news reports noting that Douglas Wallace would DNA test a mummy believed to be Ramesses I.

http://whsc.emory.edu/_pubs/momentum/1999fall/lastword.html

Dr. Wallace told me he has no DNA results because the mummy was returned to Eqypt and he was not permitted to complete the project.

I find it remarkable that there are no published DNA results from Eqyptian royal mummies.

Sincerely, Peter