From: "Dora Smith" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Gauls and Galacia in Turkey (was mtDNA H2a phylogeny)
Date: Sat, 4 Aug 2007 09:52:23 -0500

I thought that in 800 to 600 BCE small bands of Scythian or Sarmatian
aristocrats rode across Europe in chariots and took control of the tribes of
central Europe, giving birth to the Celtic confederacy, but that would have
been a very small number of people, no surprise if their genes not really
turning up anywhere. In fact, this history has never really convinced me
that it explains how Celtic (Indo-European) langauge and Scythian cultural
features became so prominent in Celtic culture.

Yours,
Dora Smith
Austin, TX