From: "Dora Smith" <>
Subject: [DNA] Mtdna complete sequence results back from FTDNA!
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2007 22:44:49 -0600

I found eight e-mails in my mailbox tonight saying that my mtdna results are
back. Went and checked - they sure are! The complete sequence. It took
exactly 29 days. Not kidding. It didn't even take until either of their
projected dates - and they had moved it up.

I was careful to do VERY thorough scraping.

I updated my results at Mitosearch, V7KTM.

It is H1.

FTDNA reported two private mutations that Argus did not; 5309G and 4763A.
Argus actually had ambiguity at 4763 on the prelimary results but then
dismissed it, or something. The control region mutations are exactly teh
same.

Unfortunately I so far don't find anything at all on those two mutations. I
will have to research 4763 again, because I had actually thought it was a
meaningless ambiguity, and if I came across 4763 in my research I'd have
thought it was the SNP for 4769 or something.

I don't actually expect either of them to have medical implications since
it's a long-lived line, but if I did find something, I'd put it on my
genealogical web sites. :)

Yours,
Dora Smith
Austin, TX