From: "Ken Nordtvedt" <>
Subject: [DNA] Impressive Alpine Clade - I1a-EE
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2007 09:33:58 -0700

Collecting both Ysearch and SMGF examples, the clade I1a-EE has developed a very impressive geographic signal. I have 21 examples with the following geographical places of origin

Germany 8
Yugoslavia 2
Switzerland 2
Hungary 1
Italy 1
Denmark 1
Spain 1
Brazil 1
unknown 5

This is an unprecedented concentration of geographical presence for a European clade, perhaps only exceeded by I1a-Bothnia and the Finno/Estonian N3 clade.

I1a-EE has these identifiers with DYS426 being an extremely slow mutator

426 = 10
389ii - 389i = 17
442 = 13
447 = 22
464 = 12-14-14-15

and it is from the DYS462 = 12 side of the great bifurcation in I1a

Germany is a big place; I saw a a few of those German haplotypes identify a south German origin, but I will try to pin down all. Two of them are technically from Russia but with German surnames. I find a large fraction of SMGF "Russian" haplotypes having German surnames. Makes sense. You descend from a population of Germans who centuries ago were brought to populate various parts of the Russian empire; now you are curious to find your roots back in Germany or Austria or the former German populated area of France.

Only one haplotype in I1a-EE has done the Kittler test. They are high / low which is the normal order for DYS462 = 12 I1a

But no haplotypes from this interesting clade have done the SNP tests for the nine SNPs --- P30, P40, M307, M253, S62, S63, S64, S65, S66
I think these nine SNPs should all be tested by a I1a-EE haplotype. If you are in this clade please consider doing one or more of the nine SNPs. Collectively, the costs can be shared while covering all. We're looking for one or more of the nine NOT to be positive.

If you are in this clade and have done any of the nine SNPs, I'd appreciate it if you let me know.

Ken

This thread: